A great starting place for learning more about the faith and practice of the Orthodox Church is the Discover Orthodox Christianity site developed by our Archdiocese. Check it out to learn more!
The following links also provide brief overviews of some aspects of the Orthodox Faith and Liturgy. Feel free to contact Fr. Gregory or others at the St. Silouan the Athonite Mission if you have questions about the articles. We are glad to answer questions about our faith.
- What We Believe - The Nicene Creed
- "Twelve Things I Wish I'd Known" by
- "Questions and Answers on the Orthodox Faith" [External Link] by and others.
- "The History of the Antiochian Christian Archdiocese of North America" by
- The Serbian Tradition of Slava
The following page at the web site of our Diocesan Cathedral, the St. George Orthodox Christian Cathedral in Wichita, Kansas, has several interesting and useful articles. In particular, it has some essays on preparing for Confession and what actually takes place during Confession. There is also a useful discussion of how and why we venerate the Gospel Book during the Sunday morning Orthros (Matins) service.